Manager of Structural Engineering - Chicago, Illinois
In general, the Manager of Structural Engineering will lead major structural design efforts and supervise project engineers and designers. The Manager of Structural Engineering provides the technical, organizational and communication skills to produce well-designed and coordinated construction documents for structural systems.
- Lead the design and analysis of major steel, concrete, masonry, light gage, and timber structural framing systems.
- Delegate tasks to less experienced engineers and efficiently direct their efforts.
- Establish project scope, structural budget, and design approach with management, senior staff and/or client.
- Present design work to clients, project stakeholders and peer review groups.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Leadership level participation in:
- Establish project scope, budget, and necessary constraints and design approach relative to project manager / client requirements.
- Prepare feasibility studies and cost estimates.
- Conduct field measuring and checking at the construction site.
- Review of documents for accuracy, completeness, and code compliance with standards and codes.
- Prepare specifications, using in-office word processing software.
- Review of product submittals (shop drawings) for design content, determination of action to be taken to reach specification compliance.
- Using in-office software, preparation of project file updates, transmittals, letters, reports, requests for reproduction services, etc.
- Coordinate structural trade efforts with other disciplines.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering; Master’s degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Professional Registration required.
- 10 + years related Structural Engineering experience.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Microstation, RAM Structural Systems, STAAD PRO, RISA 3D, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer.
To apply for this position, click here.